As we’ve seen in films like Nomadland, vanlife has a darker side. It’s not all sunny skies and stunning scenery.
Instagram has become a popular platform for people to report their bad vanlife experiences, leading to stress, anxiety, and depression – three things you’d never associate with the freedom that vanlife brings.
But the reality is that living fulltime in an RV has its everyday stresses, much like living a more traditional bricks and mortar life.
That’s why we created a section on our site about vanlife health and wellbeing that covers…
- How to ensure your emotional needs are met (to help keep you mentally healthy)
- A list of brain boosting foods to help keep your grey matter in tip top condition
- The healing power of nature: why its so important to get out of the van and connect with the world around you
- Mindfulness and meditation (to help you create a sense of inner calm on your journeys)
- And a selection of travel-related hypnosis downloads
RELATED CONTENT: How to stay sane on the road: our top tips