With Covid-19 likely to restrict overseas travel for another year maybe you’re thinking of buying or hiring a motorhome or campervan?
Or perhaps you’ve had an RV for some time but would like to make your road trips even more spectacular?
No matter what stage you’re at on your van life journey – beginner or experienced – we’re here to help you…
If you’re just starting out in the world of motorhomes and campervans download our free ebook which has vital information about choosing and finding the right vehicle as well as a load of tips about essential equipment you’ll need and how to get the most from your adventures…
But it’s not just the practical stuff we cover on this site: we want to dive deeper into van life…
Living or travelling in a motorhome, campervan or RV – either full or part time – has to mean more than just driving to a site, pitching up and sitting in front of a screen all night…as if you were still back home…
It’s got to nourish your soul in some way! It’s got to make you feel more alive than anything else you do!
To our way of thinking, van life is about freedom and reclamation. Freedom from the 9 to 5, freedom from the system, and the reclamation…of your own life.
This is what van life means to us and if this resonates with you please read on…
Some of the best content on motorhome hobos…
These are just some of the things we’ll be looking at here…
- Vintage Vans and Motorhomes – if you’re still at the stage of looking for an RV or campervan our gallery will give you a flavour of what you might be able to buy – without breaking the bank! There are some really good used motorhomes and campervans out there for less than £10,000
- Wild Camping in a Motorhome – when lockdown is lifted – and if you’ve not ventured into the wild yet – find out how to do it right, stay safe and keep out of trouble
- Road Trip Planning – tips and ideas about how to get the most from your adventures and see some of the spectacular sites and routes we’ve taken throughout the UK
- Motorhome Rental – if you’re thinking of renting a motorhome or campervan we’ll tell you the vital questions you need to ask any hire company before you hit the road
- Campsite Advice – understanding UK campsite rules and regulations, especially important now because of Covid-19
- Van Life Health and Wellbeing – ideas and practises to keep you physically fit and mentally healthy on the road – especially important for full-time van-lifers
- Pilgrimages and Spiritual Journeys – tips and ideas about how to turn your van life adventures into deeply meaningful, memorable, and even spiritual experiences by visiting some of the UK’s most sacred places
Older campervans and motorhomes – freedom on a budget!
One of the main points we hope to get across on this site and in our ebook is that motorhoming – and the freedom it brings – can be done on a budget…
We picked up our old VW T4 Autotrail motorhome for £6000 back in 2017. We’ve spent almost as much again since then getting her fixed up properly, but this is nothing compared to the cost of much newer motorhomes that are way out of reach of average folks like us.
We simply didn’t have a spare £50K sitting in the bank!
The thing is there are plenty of good older campervans out there, as we highlight in our vintage vans and motorhomes gallery.
Take a look for some inspiration! It’ll give you some idea of what you might be able to find.
Road trips and pilgrimages
Every trip contains the seeds of ancient wisdom, as if the ancestors are tempting you out of your comfort zone and into unknown worlds, inviting you to try to understand this human journey a little bit better.
It might seem a bit strange but we see our old van as travel guide, teacher and guru, leading us to where we need to go and what we need to learn about life.
This is what motorhoming can do for you. Freedom flows through your veins when you turn the key.
Since getting our motorhome she’s taken us all over England, Scotland and Wales and we’re looking forward to our first journey across the water to Ireland or maybe France. But when time is short, we’re more than happy to visit places local to us on the Suffolk Coast.
Download our free ebook and latest newsletter!
When you subscribe to our mailing list you’ll get our free ebook ‘Getting Started on the Freedom Trail – what your motorhome, campervan or RV manual probably won’t tell you‘ and our latest newsletter – exclusive to subscribers only.
The ebook is nearly 60 pages of van life hints and tips to help you get the most from your motorhome adventures and it includes vital information if you’re still in the process of looking for a van or are just starting out.
The ebook will help you…
- Decide what type of motorhome or campervan best suits your needs
- Look out for all the right things when viewing and test driving a motorhome
- Choose which van life essentials you’ll need before you hit the road
- Feel safer and more confident as a motorhome driver
- Avoid the mistakes we made: we’ll tell you what we did wrong!
Hire a motorhome – try before you buy
If you’re really keen to get into van life but haven’t found the right vehicle yet, have you considered hiring a motorhome or campervan?
RV rental offers you the chance to hire a van for a few days to see if you like it, rather than diving in at the deep end and spending thousands on a motorhome only to find out it’s not for you. And, of course, renting an RV gives you the chance to have an incredible road trip adventure at the same time.
The thing is that you can hire a good-sized campervan for a lot less than you think. However – and this is the important bit – there are several things you need to know before you go ahead and hire a motorhome…
We’ll tell you all you need to ask a motorhome hire company before parting with your hard-earned cash.
Van life health and wellbeing
We’ve recently added a new section that aims to keep you mentally fit and healthy on the road, especially if you are a full-time van-dweller. Van life health and wellbeing is an area that has been overlooked for too long.
The thing is that more and more folks all over the world are looking for alternative ways of living and van life is a growing movement – and it’s not always a bed of roses!
Just as with a more conventional lifestyle, van life has its own challenges and sometimes us motorhomers can feel run down, overwhelmed, or stressed out. Feeling better in yourself – physically and mentally – will help you enjoy your van life adventures even more.
So, we’ll look at several ways to keep you mentally healthy on the road, such as addressing emotional needs, taking time out in nature and practising things like mindfulness, meditation, and self-hypnosis to deal with things like stress…
Want some gear for your motorhome or campervan?
If you already have a van of your own you will, at some point, want to buy some accessories for it. We’ve bought a number of things over the last four years, from simple products costing just a few pounds, to more expensive items like solar panels.
So, whether it’s essentials you’re after before you hit the road or more expensive items like satnavs, we’ve got it all in our accessories shop. And the good thing is, this is a family run business.
Hit the button below to find out what we’ve bought for our VW Cree and open up a world of possibilities for you and your beloved van! Give her the love and attention she needs!
Get in touch with us!
We’re always adding more content to this site so make sure you subscribe and get your free ebook so that you don’t miss a thing.
As a subscriber you’ll be the first to know about new content and you’ll get exclusive monthly newsletters, not available to anyone else.
And if you have any questions or suggestions for new content you’d like to see on our site, please contact us. We welcome all enquiries and would love to hear of your van life adventures.
We’ll see you on The Freedom Trail!